A "zero carbon" house on the Shetland islands
Check out this video from NBC News on a "zero carbon" house on the Shetland isle of Unst.
Loads of details about the project on the homeowners' website.
Built with a frame from Scottish Timber Frame Engineering, the house also features an air-to-water heat pump, heat recovery ventilation, small wind turbines and a solar thermal heating system, according to Jetson Green.
- A green builder's dream green home
- Exclusive: UK may deliver EU sustainable building targets in spite of Brexit – while Scotland & Wales commit
- Consider decentralised MVHR for passive retrofits & small dwellings — Sustainable Homes Scotland
- Medite Smartply adopts innovative life cycle assessment technology
- Ancon to launch new products at Ecobuild 2016
- Construction sector commits to big carbon savings at COP21