UK Passivhaus Awards winners announced
The winners of the Passivhaus Trust's 2015 UK Passivhaus Awards were announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday night. The awards aim to celebrate the design and performance of passive house buildings in the UK.
The winners, in each of three categories, were as follows:
Small projects (sponsored by Kingspan Insulation UK): Steel Farm, by LEAP, a passive house in Northumberland designed in the style of a traditional local farmhouse.
Mark Siddall (right) of LEAP picking up his award for Steel Farm
Large projects (sponsored by Munster Joinery): Wilkinson Primary School, by Architype, a passive house school in Wolverhampton
The team from Architype picking up their award for Wilkinson Primary School
Bill Butcher (left) of the Green Building Store collecting the firm's retrofit award for the Cre8 Barn.
The full list of finalists is available here. Detailed case studies of all three projects have previously appeared in Passive House Plus magazine.
Passivahus Awards photos by Andrew Perrin.
- 100 Irish households sought for indoor air quality study
- Bicester centre is UK’s first nondomestic passive house ‘plus’
- International - Issue 29
- Stunning Cork passive house heads list of Isover award winners
- 'Achieving NZEB' event in Cork this Thursday
- Imperial War Museums archive breaks airtightness record