UK Passivhaus Awards winners announced
The winners of the Passivhaus Trust's 2015 UK Passivhaus Awards were announced at a ceremony in London on Wednesday night. The awards aim to celebrate the design and performance of passive house buildings in the UK.
The winners, in each of three categories, were as follows:
Small projects (sponsored by Kingspan Insulation UK): Steel Farm, by LEAP, a passive house in Northumberland designed in the style of a traditional local farmhouse.
Mark Siddall (right) of LEAP picking up his award for Steel Farm
Large projects (sponsored by Munster Joinery): Wilkinson Primary School, by Architype, a passive house school in Wolverhampton
The team from Architype picking up their award for Wilkinson Primary School
Bill Butcher (left) of the Green Building Store collecting the firm's retrofit award for the Cre8 Barn.
The full list of finalists is available here. Detailed case studies of all three projects have previously appeared in Passive House Plus magazine.
Passivahus Awards photos by Andrew Perrin.
- Imperial War Museums archive breaks airtightness record
- Isover launch 2019 Isover Awards
- Ecological scoop hat-trick of awards at Archi Expo
- Low carbon homes forum to tour the UK in 2019
- Buildings need better overheating models to guarantee future comfort
- Rediscovery Centre wins sustainable energy award