Video: On site at the UK's largest affordable passive house development
Saffron Acres is a social housing development in Leicester that is set to be the largest affordable passive house scheme in the country.
Built on a former derelict allotment site belonging to Leicester City Council, the project is a 13-acre affordable housing scheme situated off Whittier Road and Heathcott Road in Leicester. The development will predominantly comprise of semi-detached houses, as well as four one-bedroom flats and two bungalows — with the total of 68 dwellings aiming for the passive house standard.
- Beam Vacuum & Ventilation awarded three new ISO certs
- MVHR owners sought for air quality study
- Focus on whole build systems, not products - NBT
- Monolith ensures traditional finish on new ICF project
- Kingspan & Nulok launched insulated roof system
- Housing ‘race to the bottom’ bad for climate & quality — energy expert