Bow Tie & Beattie collaborate on 3-storey London passive house
This article was originally published in issue 20 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
Two trees located at the site frontage prevented a crane from being used for deliveries, so all elements were produced at a size that could be unloaded and moved around the site by hand.
The build team took the project from foundations to a complete structure in just 14 working days. Ron Beattie, head of Beattie Passive, led the team on site himself for several days. Sales and marketing personnel from both companies and even the client himself all pitched in, eager to experience the process first-hand. A video is now being produced documenting the build.
Both companies are now working towards Bow Tie Construction becoming Beattie Passive’s approved contractor for turnkey builds in London and the surrounding regions.
Bow Tie has also recommended the Beattie Passive system to a number of clients due to its robustness in flood risk areas, and its built-in passive house certification.
- New property finance platform offers chance to invest in Dublin passive house
- 19 major cities commit to zero carbon buildings
- Residents move into Shropshire passive house scheme
- New UK retrofit standard will mandate ventilation & post occupancy checks
- UK Passivhaus Awards to be presented at London Build
- Charlie Luxton launches Ecological’s UK seminar tour