Kingspan & Nulok launched insulated roof system
This article was originally published in issue 30 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The Kingspan Slate & Tile Support System comprises high-performance insulated panels capable of achieving U-values as low as 0.12 W/m2K with a factory-fitted weather seal. This provides the ideal base for the Nulok Roofing System – a simple yet durable fixing method for natural slate, ceramic tiles and even integrated solar PV panels.
High-quality steel battens and link channels are installed over the insulated panels with specially designed fixing screws, creating an interlocking grid system that eliminates the need for timber. The chosen exterior roofing materials are then simply slotted into place and held by stainless steel clips to create a secure finish, even on roof pitches as low as four degrees after steel deflection.
In addition to simplifying the installation process, the lightweight solution helps to reduce both the depth of the roof build-up and material requirements, using 50% less slates than traditional systems. The entire solution is also covered by the Kingspan 25-year system warranty.
- The PH+ guide to greener concrete - reducing the climate impact of cement and concrete in buildings
- Hell's kitchen - Why cooking can destroy indoor air quality
- Dead air - airborne covid 19 and poorly ventilated buildings
- Coasting home - Beautifully designed Hampshire home breezes past passive standard
- Double standards - Mayo home takes passive approach to NZEB
- Net result Bristol passive house turns energy bills into net profits