Passive houses open to show summer performance
From 28 – 30 June 2019, the mid-year International Passive House Open Days, organised by iPHA and its affiliates, will take place in the UK.
This article was originally published in issue 30 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The mid-year event allows participants to experience the benefits of buildings built to the passive house standard in a different season to the event in November.
The International Passive House Open Days are a great opportunity to learn about passive house and energy efficient building, get in contact with current owners and learn first-hand what it is like to live in a passive house and what the building or retrofitting process was like. Some open houses and buildings will even have professionals on hand with the knowledge and tools to explain the technical details of passive house projects.
As well as all the opportunities to talk and learn about passive house, participants can experience passive buildings – both residential and non-domestic – for themselves, enjoy the comfortable interior temperatures, take a look at the ventilation system, ask questions and consider the possibilities of passive house for their own building projects.
Free to attend, booking is essential
Visit the UK Passivhaus Open Days Summer 2019 event page to find out if any projects are open in your area and for further booking details for each scheme.
For more information visit: https://bit.ly/2HOSe9u
- Cambridge choses passive house comfort for Kings’ College students
- Pitch perfect - Beguiling Dundee passive house puts wood into woodland
- Poor ventilation a Covid risk in 40 per cent of classrooms, study finds
- Sligo deep retrofit delivers warmth, light & mountain views
- Above the curve - Limerick passive house showcases precision timber engineering
- Seeing the wood for the trees - Placing ecology at the heart of construction