Passive house conference kicks off this Friday
Over 100 experts in ultra low energy building will address the International Passive House Conference, which takes place in Frankfurt this weekend. Speakers will present a wide range of case studies and research that, according to the Passive House Institute, demonstrates that passive house works "in all climates and for practically any type of building".
The new version of the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) design tool will also be presented at the conference. The new version takes both passive house and renewable energies into account – a combination being promoted internationally by PassREg, an EU funded project. Parallel to the conference, manufacturers will exhibit "cutting edge and highly efficient components".
Frankfurt is often regarded as the unofficial passive house capital, with many residential buildings as well as schools and offices built to the standard. The conference takes place on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 April, and interested parties can register to attend on the conference website.
- Good stock - Stylish Stockport retrofit achieves radical energy savings
- Ecological launch new airtight vapour boards
- Pilot light - Pioneering Donegal deep retrofit a roaring success
- Northern exposure - Deep energy retrofit transforms north-facing Dublin seaside semi
- Dún Laoghaire passive house scheme will be one of world’s largest
- Quinn Building Products rebrands as Mannok