The Keystone Group launches online Psi-value calculator
The Keystone Group is the first lintel manufacturer to offer an online Psi-value calculator designed for energy assessors and architects.
The company said that with the calculator, users can obtain a Psi-value with just a few clicks of a button, completely free of charge. Generally this information takes a specialist company a few days to turn around, with typical costs between £200 and £400 per detail, according to Keystone.
By using the calculator, energy assessors can now directly input the lintel Psi-value into their Sap calculations and view the performance benefit. Specifically calculated Psi-values will help to lower the thermal bridging y-value within the Sap calculation, assisting with Part L compliance.
To ensure accuracy, all Psi-value calculations have been generated by trained thermal modellers using Physibel Trisco software.
Keystone is urging anyone with additional queries or problems with working out Psivalues to contact the Keystone technical services team. For more information see www.keystonelintels.com
- Why construction contracts must change in light of Grenfell
- Solecco Solar launches new solar roof tiles
- An avoidable tragedy: questions for the public inquiry on Grenfell Tower
- Time to move beyond the architecture of the oil age
- Consider decentralised MVHR for passive retrofits & small dwellings — Sustainable Homes Scotland
- Airflow adds VAV control to its commercial MVHR range