The Keystone Group launches online Psi-value calculator
The Keystone Group is the first lintel manufacturer to offer an online Psi-value calculator designed for energy assessors and architects.
The group, which includes two companies, Keystone Lintels Ltd and Keylite Roof Windows Ltd, who manufacture low thermal bridging construction products, said that with the calculator, users can obtain a Psi-value with just a few clicks of a button, completely free of charge. Generally this information takes a specialist company a few days to turn around, with typical costs between £200 and £400 per detail, according to Keystone.
By using the calculator, energy assessors can now directly input the lintel Psi-value into their Sap calculations and view the performance benefit. Specifically calculated Psi-values will help to lower the thermal bridging y-value within the Sap calculation, assisting with Part L compliance.
To ensure accuracy, all Psi-value calculations have been generated by trained thermal modellers using Physibel Trisco software.
Keystone is urging anyone with additional queries or problems with working out Psivalues to contact the Keystone technical services team. For more information see www.keystonelintels.com
- Stunning Cork passive house heads list of Isover award winners
- The deepest greenest retrofit ever?
- New housing should be to passive house standard — Climate Change Committee
- Passive Purple offer guaranteed passive house airtightness
- Imperial War Museums archive breaks airtightness record
- Keystone’s Hi-therm+ Lintel receives BBA cert