Partel launches recycled PET structural thermal break
Leading sustainable building product supplier Partel has a launched a new 100% recycled thermal break product. ALMA THERM is a hi-performance panel for structural insulation, and meets the highest technical and ecological standard for reducing thermal bridges, according to the company.
This article was originally published in issue 33 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The product is 100% recycled and PET-based, and at the end of its life cycle it can be recycled again. It conforms to construction material class E and is noted for its high compressive strength, excellent mechanical strength, as well as efficient thermal break and lightweight composite structure. It is compatible with a large number of adhesive and sealing systems.
Thanks to its very low thermal conductivity, ALMA THERM is suitable for thermal separation, for use in window or door profiles in commercial and residential projects to improve the energy efficiency of the building. Moreover, the water absorption of the material of less than 2% is extremely low.
ALMA THERM can be processed in two different density classes (115 kg/m3 and 180 kg/m3) and can be supplied in two standard dimensions, 1218 x 1005 x 50 mm and 1218 x 1005 x 75 mm. Bespoke sizes upon request. For more information see www.partel.ie.
- Iso Chemie Winframer gets BBA approval
- The PH+ guide to greener concrete - reducing the climate impact of cement and concrete in buildings
- Hell's kitchen - Why cooking can destroy indoor air quality
- Coasting home - Beautifully designed Hampshire home breezes past passive standard
- Remote home monitoring can help in Covid fight – iOpt Assets
- New passive vet centre opens in Wigan