Leading green architect & contractor launch design & build venture
Leading green architect Miles Sampson and contractor Niall Dolan of GreenTec Homes have joined forces to launch Quality Eco Homes, a new company that will offer complete sustainable design and build service.
QE Homes can offer a complete service if required, from sketch design and planning permission to construction, landscaping and furnishing.
The company is offering low energy timber frame homes with an emphasis on green materials.
"There's a lot more efficiency to be gained in streamlining the whole service," architect Miles Sampson of Miles Sampson Architects told Passive House Plus. "Everybody is working as a team already."
He said QE Homes can work to a budget from the start of the project, making it easier for clients to control costs. The company is offering a nationwide service.
"From the minute the client sits down with us we're already thinking about passive levels of building, and we're thinking about how to do it on their budget."
QE Homes is currently nearing completion on its first home near Kinvarra, Co Galway. The house features wide timber frame walls with 300mm of cellulose insulation.
- New series of digital NZEB seminars kicks off this month
- Pecking order - Award-winning passive house makes an elegant mark on the South Downs
- BEAM launch new app for easy MVHR control
- Highland Warrior - Scottish passive house built with innovative local timber system
- Zero in - Inspired design offers route to net zero energy living
- International - Issue 35