Stephen Fry to speak at Ecobuild 2016
Stephen Fry has been announced as the special guest at Ecobuild 2016, the UK’s largest show dedicated to construction and energy. The erudite writer, actor and campaigner joins a lineup of industry leaders and experts.
Fry will be interviewed by broadcaster Will Gompertz at the culmination of the day’s conference programme on Wednesday 9 March.
The audience can expect to hear Fry’s forthright and entertaining views and insights around issues close to his heart. The session will afford audience members a rare opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A session.
Martin Hurn, director of Ecobuild, said: “Stephen personifies the spirit of Ecobuild to inform, entertain and inspire the industry. He is the most exciting speaker we have welcomed in Ecobuild’s history of thought leadership. We couldn’t have hoped for a better conclusion to what promises to be a fascinating day on the Ecobuild Arena.”
After the discussion, Fry will go on to host the prestigious BD Architect of the Year Awards dinner held at ExCeL that evening.
Recognising excellence across 13 categories, the awards celebrate the very best practices currently operating in the UK. For further information about Ecobuild 2016 which takes place from 8 to 10 March at London’s ExCeL, visit www.ecobuild.co.uk.
- 19 major cities commit to zero carbon buildings
- Residents move into Shropshire passive house scheme
- Eoin Leonard of i3PT nominated for entrepreneurial award
- New UK retrofit standard will mandate ventilation & post occupancy checks
- UK Passivhaus Awards to be presented at London Build
- Charlie Luxton launches Ecological’s UK seminar tour