€3,000 worth of low carbon concrete up for grabs
Green cement supplier Ecocem are giving away €3,000 of low carbon durable concrete in a competition for residential construction projects.
Entry is free and is open to any project on the island of Ireland. The prize can be won by the client, engineer, architect or contractor working on the building.
Ecocem's low carbon concrete features ground granulated blastfurnace slag, which is produced from a byproduct of steel or iron production. This means its carbon footprint is much lower than traditional portland cement, which has its own dedicated manufacturing process.
The concrete will contain a minimum of 50% Ecocem GGBS cement.
- Cambridge choses passive house comfort for Kings’ College students
- Pitch perfect - Beguiling Dundee passive house puts wood into woodland
- Climate action plan sets embodied carbon targets for construction
- Poor ventilation a Covid risk in 40 per cent of classrooms, study finds
- Sligo deep retrofit delivers warmth, light & mountain views
- Above the curve - Limerick passive house showcases precision timber engineering