€3,000 worth of low carbon concrete up for grabs
Green cement supplier Ecocem are giving away €3,000 of low carbon durable concrete in a competition for residential construction projects.
Entry is free and is open to any project on the island of Ireland. The prize can be won by the client, engineer, architect or contractor working on the building.
Ecocem's low carbon concrete features ground granulated blastfurnace slag, which is produced from a byproduct of steel or iron production. This means its carbon footprint is much lower than traditional portland cement, which has its own dedicated manufacturing process.
The concrete will contain a minimum of 50% Ecocem GGBS cement.
- Supporting green building’s upskilling
- 2020 feels pivotal for passive house - Barry McCarron, PHAI
- Victoria Falls - 19th century home drops energy demand by 94%
- Circular economy plans come into focus
- Exclusive: WHO to issue ventilation guidance on airborne spread of Covid-19
- EPA announces €600,000 circular economy innovation fund