2016 Passivhaus Awards features best in British passive design
The shortlist of projects for this year’s 2016 UK Passivhaus Awards has been announced. There are just two categories this year, urban and rural, with Rehau being the main sponsor.
In the urban category, sponsored by Ecology Building Society, the shortlisted projects are Chiswick Eco Lodge by RDA, Lansdowne Drive in Hackney by Tectonic Architects (featured in this issue of Passive House Plus), and Meeting House in York, by Anne Thorne Architects.
In the rural category, sponsored by Cygnum Timber Frame, the shortlisted projects are the Golcar passive house in Huddersfield by Green Building Store, the Lime Tree passive house in Norfolk by Parsons & Whittley, Tigh na Croit passive house in the Scottish Highlands by HLM Architects, and the Old Water Tower passive house in Berkshire, by Gresford Architects, which featured in issue 15 of Passive House Plus.
The award ceremony takes place on 7 July in London. For more information see www.passivhaustrust.org.uk.
- MVHR owners sought for air quality study
- Focus on whole build systems, not products - NBT
- Monolith ensures traditional finish on new ICF project
- Kingspan & Nulok launched insulated roof system
- Housing ‘race to the bottom’ bad for climate & quality — energy expert
- Blind & shutter group calls for Part B changes