Passive Sills puts finishing touch to K Club extension
A Cork-based manufacturer of passive window sills has recently completed the fabrication of all decorative mouldings for a new 70 bed extension at the prestigious K Club resort in Straffan, Co Kildare.
A Cork-based manufacturer of passive windowsills has recently completed the fabrication of all decorative mouldings for a new 70 bed extension at the prestigious K Club resort in Straffan, Co Kildare.
Poly Passive Mouldings Ltd, trading as Passive Sills, manufactured all the external decorative mouldings as replicas of the original features of Straffan House, the 1830s mansion on the site of the luxury five star hotel. The K Club famously hosted the Ryder Cup in 2006.
The new extension was designed in the style of the original building, and was constructed from precast slabs which were externally insulated with EPS. External insulation contractor Kilsaran contracted Passive Sills to provide all the mouldings, all of which were made from polystyrene and finished with a stone resin.
Passive Sills is a Midleton, Co Cork-based manufacturer of thermal-bridge free window sills and mouldings that are suitable for all construction types. Its polystyrene sills are lightweight and moisture resistant, but capable of supporting a quarter tonne of weight on a one metre section. The company was founded two years ago by Patrick Beausang and now has its own 4,000 square foot factory.
Passive Sills has also recently launched its new passive sill with a natural granite resin exterior, for a natural stone finish.
- Cambridge choses passive house comfort for Kings’ College students
- Pitch perfect - Beguiling Dundee passive house puts wood into woodland
- Climate action plan sets embodied carbon targets for construction
- Poor ventilation a Covid risk in 40 per cent of classrooms, study finds
- Sligo deep retrofit delivers warmth, light & mountain views
- Above the curve - Limerick passive house showcases precision timber engineering