GMS launches new Icynene spray foam insulations
This article was originally published in issue 17 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
Following on from the “outstanding success” of their 100% open cell, 100% water blown Icynene Classic, the company has now launched Icynene Classic Plus and Icynene Classic Max with thermal conductivities of 0.035 and 0.030. The company said that as with all Icynene open cell products, the latest additions are 100% open cell, 100% water blown with a global warming potential of 1.
Icynene haves also launched their closed cell range, Icynene Ultraseal Select, in three versions: spray, pour fill for cavities, and exterior for external use. These three products boast a thermal conductivity of 0.021.
Following on from the recent product launches, Icynene Ultraseal Select was successfully used to insulate the exterior of two large storage tanks at Foynes Port, Limerick. GMS said this product was applied to a depth of 50mm and will provide the required insulation value in addition to standing up to the rigours of the Irish climate.
For more information see www.icynene.ie.
- New property finance platform offers chance to invest in Dublin passive house
- BEAM introduces new high spec MVHR control panel
- Heat Merchants announces €4m expansion, 75 jobs & CO2 pledge
- 19 major cities commit to zero carbon buildings
- Residents move into Shropshire passive house scheme
- New UK retrofit standard will mandate ventilation & post occupancy checks