GMS launches new Icynene spray foam insulations
This article was originally published in issue 17 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
Following on from the “outstanding success” of their 100% open cell, 100% water blown Icynene Classic, the company has now launched Icynene Classic Plus and Icynene Classic Max with thermal conductivities of 0.035 and 0.030. The company said that as with all Icynene open cell products, the latest additions are 100% open cell, 100% water blown with a global warming potential of 1.
Icynene haves also launched their closed cell range, Icynene Ultraseal Select, in three versions: spray, pour fill for cavities, and exterior for external use. These three products boast a thermal conductivity of 0.021.
Following on from the recent product launches, Icynene Ultraseal Select was successfully used to insulate the exterior of two large storage tanks at Foynes Port, Limerick. GMS said this product was applied to a depth of 50mm and will provide the required insulation value in addition to standing up to the rigours of the Irish climate.
For more information see www.icynene.ie.
- The slow, heavy gears of deep retrofit start to turn
- Granite-hewn Victorian home upgraded to PHI low energy standard
- Dublin to host conference on rapid-build nZEB construction
- Essex village becomes eco-pioneer with latest passive house scheme
- Architect returns to roots with A1 rated 'house of the people'
- Quality EWI installation crucial for success of deep retrofit — MBC Project