SMET picks up small business award
SMET Building Products, which supplies a wide range of products for low energy and fabric-first construction, picked up the award for best small business at the Greater Newry Business Awards, organised by Newry Chamber of Commerce & Trade, on 28 September at the town’s Canal Hotel.
This article was originally published in issue 23 of Passive House Plus magazine. Want immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content? Click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge
The award was presented by Patrick Anderson, chief financial officer of Translink, which sponsored the category. “We are over the moon,” said Joris Smet of Smet Building Products. “There were over 500 local business representatives in attendance in the Canal Hotel and the super organisation of CEO Mary Meehan and her team meant the night was flawless.” Smet’s range of products includes external wall insulation systems, floor screeds, plasters, renders and more.
- Greenbuild Europe 2020 to take place in Dublin
- Dun Laoghaire to host World NZEB Forum in November
- Norwich passive house scheme wins Stirling Prize
- Ecological announce thermal modelling service
- VentHeat launch compact heat pump & MVHR systems to Ireland
- WWHR an easy & costeffective route to Part L compliance — Showersave