Smart buildings & cities the focus of Light + Building 2018
The full version of this story appears in issue 24 of Passive House Plus. For immediate access to all back issues and exclusive extra content click here to subscribe for as little as €10, or click here to receive the next issue free of charge!
One of the main themes of this year’s fair will be intelligent building automation and the future of ‘smart cities’, while the other will be “aesthetics and well-being in harmony” for lighting technology. A third focal point for this year’s fair will be safety and security technology, with a focus integration of different systems — such as video monitoring and access control — in building automation.
“Light + Building is the setting for big ideas and decisive impulses. Accordingly, we are delighted with the very positive exhibitor response and are sure that the coming edition of Light + Building will once again underscore its unparalleled function as the leading trade fair for the sector,” said Wolfgang Marzin, president of Messe Frankfurt.
For more information and to book tickets, see www.light-building.com.
- ISH fair returns to Frankfurt in March 2019
- Granite-hewn Victorian home upgraded to PHI low energy standard
- Essex village becomes eco-pioneer with latest passive house scheme
- From derelict shop to tiny low energy home
- The PH+ guide to air source heat pumps
- Architect returns to roots with A1 rated 'house of the people'