Energyquarter launches passive house video tutorials
A new online passive house tutorial video series has just been launched by Energyquarter. The series is hosted by Tomás O’ Leary from the Passive House Academy, accredited Passive House Institute trainers.
The series is designed for architects, engineers, tradespersons, self-builders, planners and anybody who wants to know more about this super energy efficient building standard.
It includes in-depth coverage of PHPP, energy balancing, passive house certification criteria, insulation and airtightness levels, U-value and airtightness calculations, blower door tests, windows, solar gain, and much more.
Contribution to CPD learning is a key feature of the tutorial series. With accreditation from the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI) and the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in the US, participants can test their knowledge with the multiple-choice passive house quiz and gain CPD or continuing education points.
The tutorials employ various visual aids such as full-scale passive house construction models and practical demonstrations to highlight key messages.
Watch the video below to get a feel for the series, or go to the Energyquarter website to find out more.
- Thermal breaks webinar - watch online
- Free thermal breaks webinar: architectural expression vs building physics
- Inside the UK’s largest passive school
- Prestige Aluclad supplying passive Viking windows nationwide
- Munster Joinery publishes first Irish window EPD
- Ecocem gets €22m investment from Bill Gates's climate fund